When you can't see His hand, trust His heart

April 18, 2006

When you're discouraged

Genesis 18:14
“Is anything too hard for the Lord? I will return to you at the appointed time next year and Sarah will have a son”

John 14:27
“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. I do not give as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”

Romans 8:28
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.

Romans 8:31
What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 10:13
No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, He will also provide a way so that you can stand up under it.

Psalms 121:8
The Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore

2 Corinthians 12:9
But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

2 Corinthians 4:18
So we fix our eyes no on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

2 Corinthians 4:17
For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.

1 Peter 5:9
Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings.

1 Peter 2:19
For it is commendable if a man bears up under the pain of unjust suffering because he is conscious of God



Proverbs 20:24
A man’s steps are directed by the Lord. How then, can anyone understand his own way?

Psalms 119:23
Though rulers sit together and slander me, your servant will meditate on your decrees.

Isaiah 48:22
“There is no peace” says the Lord, “for the wicked”

Jeremiah 1:5
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I anointed you as a prophet to the nations.”

Isaiah 66:13
As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you; and you will be comforted over Jerusalem.

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world”

Joshua 1:5
No one will be able to stand up against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you.

1 Corinthians 1:27
But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.

Psalms 27:14
Wait for the Lord; be strong and take hearts and wait for the Lord.

Micah 7:7
But as for me, I watch in hope for the Lord, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home